Dr Coleman's Current Daily Skincare Routine (Nov 2022)
I stand over all the products we sell and use many of them on a daily basis. I thought it would be a good idea to share these with you, until I realised just how many products I use ! Slightly embarrassing, but what can I say, I really believe that what you use on your skin everyday makes a marked difference to your hydration, plumpness, radiance, pigmentation, fine lines, pores and how you feel about your skin!
Furthermore, if you choose to have in-clinic procedures, it’s only smart to protect your investment by using the correct ingredients daily to support these treatments.
I added the word 'current' because products change and improve, and our skin needs change also depending on many factors.
I'm often asked in which order to use various products: Always go from water based / lightest texture to oil / heavier creams. Always end with your richest creams after everything else has had a chance to be absorbed.
I take a number of supplements and from March to October I think Heliocare Ultra-D capsules are an excellent, scientifically proven way to boost your skin's protection from the sun.
Follow us on Insta@drcolemansskinstore to keep up with seasonal skincare changes and our new products.
AM - after sleeping on my Mulberry Silk Pillowcase ........
- Cleanser: Just a cool wet muslin cloth, after all, you're only washing away your night cream! My dentist doesn't ask me to floss in the morning also !
- Toner / lotion: Biologique Recherche P50V
- Serum : Skinceuticals CE Ferulic followed by Skinceuticals HA Intensifier -I have dry, ageing skin and need all the help I can get). If you can only afford a single active ingredient for your skin, make it Skinceuticals CE Ferulic!
- Eye cream: Biologique Recherche Creme Contour des Yeux Biosensible or VIP 02. Both lovely and light and don't cause puffiness.
- Moisturising SPF: Revision Intellishade Clear SPF 50 - generously, used for the past 17 years and haven't found anything to beat it yet. FACE/NECK/CHEST!
- Physical SPF: When playing tennis/walking I also apply Heliocare Mineral Tolerance Fluid followed by Dermaquest SPF30 Nude or Sunkissed on my face (depending on whether I'm wearing fake tan (Tan Organic Mousse) or not) and Plain non-tinted on my neck and chest (so colour doesn't rub off on clothes). I also use these for top-ups during the day. Yes, I know I'm totally over the top about sun protection but I just can't help it !
- I have also got in the habit of applying Heliocare 360 Pediatrics Atopic Lotion Spray to my arms everyday since I really want to avoid those unsightly brown sun spots/liver spots. I do this even if just going to work as my surgery has big windows which allow penetration of UVA and visible light. This isn't sticky and is very effective.
- Colour-cosmetic: Skinceuticals Tinted Mineral Radiance Defence SPF 50 is a super primer for Lancôme Teint Magic light foundation if I want a little extra protection under my make-up at work.
Lips: Colorscience SPF 35 Lip Shine Champagne - people forget that lips can get sundamaged and skin cancer too.
- Under eye shadows - I just love Colorscience Total Eye SPF35 - not only for its excellent light coverage and hiding dark shadows, but because of its zinc oxide providing sun protection for this delicate area which is a common location for skin cancers.
"My husband has a chapter read by the time I get through this lot before hopping into bed.....!"
- Cleanser: Jan Marini Bioglycolic face cleanser or BR Lait VIP O2 creamy cleanser (if my skin feels drier), both thoroughly removed with a wet muslin cloth (NOT gauze/pads/cotton wool) to wash off the day's pollution, make-up, SPF etc
- Toner/Lotion: BR P50V (unless my skin is feeling dry, then I just use it once/day)
- Anti-aging hydrating serum: BR Amniotique Serum Authentique followed by BR Serum Collagene Originel, patted into face and neck.
- Eyes: Rapidlash and Rapidbrow. I don't need eye cream at night as it can make me puffy.
- Nighttime cream face: BR Creme Masque Vernix alternating with BR Creme Aux Acides De Fruits (esp when skin feels dull or needs radiance boost).
- Personally, my skin can't tolerate Retinols but everyone should try to use them if possible, 1-3 nights a week.
- Nighttime cream neck: It's hard to beat Nectifirm Advanced which is the top selling product by Revision in the USA.
- Hands: Last thing before lights out, Ahava Dead Sea Mineral Hand Cream to keep my hand eczema at bay.
I love to soak in an Epsom salt bath with Aveeno Oatmeal soaks most nights to ensure my beauty sleep (all that magnesium) and will usually apply a face mask for 15 mins. My favourite is Biologique Recherche Masque Vivant for clarity and radiance, but also BR Visolastine+ for extra hydration, depending on what I feel I need. For maximum results I apply over my P50V.
Weekly exfoliation: Friday morning Jan Marini Bioglycolic Resurfacing Body Scrub (yes, applied to face, no scrubbing, washed off gently with muslin cloth.)
Twice a week at night to well cleansed skin, absolutely no fake tan present : Stacked Skincare Dermaroller on the face, neck and chest. It really increases the blood supply to the skin and allows better penetration of my serum.
In Summer, every few days I apply fake tan, Tan Organic Mousse for my face (no smell and doesn't clog pores/cause blackheads) and Tan Organic Oil for my body, applied with mitt. It only takes a minute, takes the 'DAZ blue/white look off my skin and is an awful lot healthier than the real thing ! (PS when wearing skirts/shorts in summer, don't forget SPF to legs as after the face, they're the most common site for skin cancers in the elderly and also don't look good all blotchy and pigmented)
Finally.... while running my bath, after cleaning my face ....I'll put on the Boost LEDS face mask and Bib a few nights a week. It's very relaxing and sets me up for a good nights beauty sleep.
After that routine I'm rightly exhausted and ready for a good night's sleep !
- Page 1 of 3